Counselling & Hypnotherapy
Services in Canberra
Fast and permanent results. Take the first step
Hypnosis is just as effective though LIVE ONLINE VIDEO as it is in person.
We all have the right to a happy and fulfilling life.
But at times life will throw up obstacles that stand in the way of your physical, mental and emotional health.
Getting back on track can be tough on your own. It’s OK to have a helping hand from someone you trust.
With 19 years of experience as an emotional health counsellor, hypnotherapist and psychotherapist in Canberra, I deliver personalised programs moving you rapidly towards your health and wellbeing goals.
Let’s take the first step together.Book a Consultation
Unlike many therapists, I don’t waste your precious time talking about your problems. In my experience, ‘talk therapy’ frequently leaves clients feeling worse; the latest brain science fully backs up this observation.
We won’t spend precious time endlessly talking about your problems. Problems are solved by taking appropriate action. Together we ‘unlearn’ old patterns through dynamic, empowering sessions that act as the catalysts for change.
I don’t provide band-aid solutions to your problems. Each session is centred around helping you understand and overcome the root causes of your issue.
Real world skills
My aim is to introduce you to simple, effective skills and strategies that you can integrate into your life now and in future if required.
A holistic approach
I focus on your physical, mental and emotional health. With 19 years of experience and a range of evidence-based therapies, I provide the holistic help you need.
Tailored to you
I provide the counselling and help you need instead of trying to force you into a certain type of therapy. So you’ll have the treatment that works for you, for as long as you need it.
Traditional talk therapy is slow, expensive and ineffective. My goal is to deliver fast, lasting change using cutting-edge techniques which involves changing the files in your subconscious mind.
I currently have a 98% success rate helping people who truly want to lose weight or quit smoking. The remaining 2% is comprised of people who were ambivalent about whether they truly wanted to change. In most cases you can expect to see a positive change in your addiction after a single session.
Hypnosis may also be used to reduce chronic pain, to manage addiction and to remove negative habits such as nail biting. With a proven track record of using hypnosis to help my clients, your unique health challenges can be managed and overcome.
I typically recommend four sessions to begin with. This provides the time not only to solve your issue but also to reinforce your new, healthy behaviours or habits.
However, certain circumstances may require more sessions.
Yes. Put simply the unhelpful files in your subconscious are replaced with helpful files, namely, the positive outcomes you desire.
I know of no other therapy that is so quick and effective in producing desired change.
I understand the challenge of finding a counsellor or hypnotherapist who is right for you. I firmly believe that positive counselling and hypnotherapy isn’t hard to find, as long as you know what to look out for.
Good counselling and hypnotherapy is:
I encourage you to reach out and tell me about yourself and use these criteria yourself.
Yes. In my experience, clients very rarely return with the same issue. I have feedback that the changes they have achieved are permanent after a number of years.
We all have an idea of the path we want to be on. And the path we want to avoid. It is natural to have concerns about slipping back into negative habits even after you have found your new path - particularly if you have been dealing with challenging addictions or weight management issues.
Ultimately, through accessing the triggers in your subconscious and resolving their causes you will be able to enjoy the benefits long-term without falling back into old habits.
Yes. Bad habits are the result of your thinking patterns. For example, a smoker may do so out of stress and see cigarettes as something to lower stress and look forward to. It isn’t enough to address a nicotine addiction without addressing the root cause of the stress too.
Together we can identify the cause of your bad habits and work towards resolving them.
Just like any addiction, sugar addiction can be overcome.
Through hypnosis we can work together to introduce:
Yes. Together we will work through four stages of hypnosis to break you free from even the longest of established habits.
Step 1 - Recognise your triggers
Step 2 - Eliminate those triggers
Step 3 - Establish new healthy behaviours
Step 4 - Reinforce new behaviours so they become automatic
Hypnosis offers a safe way to erase your unhelpful behaviour permanently.
Call me today to discuss the most effective programme for you.