Depression & Anxiety Counselling Canberra
I can help you eliminate depression and anxiety
Fast and permanent results. Take the first step
What is Depression and Anxiety?
Although depression and anxiety are often taken to mean the same thing, the reality is that they are two separate, potentially crippling conditions.
With around three million Australians living with anxiety or depression, it is clear that these issues are affecting a significant proportion of the population.
How do you know if you have anxiety or depression?
Depression and/or anxiety are usually diagnosed by your doctor or other healthcare professional.
Do you experience these depression symptoms?
- Not enjoying the things you used to enjoy
- Trouble concentrating and focusing; some people describe the feeling as “brain fog”
- Persistent feelings of misery, guilt, anger, shame or sadness
- Insomnia: either having problems getting to sleep, or waking up very early in the morning and being unable to get back off to sleep again.
- Changes in eating habits
- Changes in bowel habits
- Unexplained pain or aching
- Suicidal thoughts
Do you experience these anxiety symptoms?
- Sleep problems (sleeping poorly, inability to get to sleep, early rising)
- Inability to sit still or relax
- Jaw ache and muscle cramps due to continual muscle tension
- Feelings of dread and panic
- Dry mouth
- Racing heart
- Fast, shallow breathing
- Cold, tingling or numb hands, feet or limbs
- Lack of motivation and energy
Depression vs anxiety
It is possible to have both conditions at the same time, or suffer from one or the other.
Both depression and anxiety can be either continuous problems, or arise periodically (often during periods of stress).
Both can make completing everyday tasks difficult. Some people manage to cope, at great personal cost, and others find themselves completely crippled by their feelings.